Lunch hour, Tuesday, June 8th (Noon to 1:00 ET via Zoom)
BYO lunch, open up your laptop, and take part in the launch of brand new, game-changing pay equity tools! Join Change The Story VT, a partnership initiative of Vermont Works for Women, Vermont Commission on Women, and the Vermont Women's Fund, for the launch of their new Leaders for Equity and Equal Pay (LEEP) Toolkit. It's a free DIY resource empowering Vermont's small to mid-size employers with the tools they need to conduct gender and racial pay equity reviews. You'll be introduced to the innovative new Equity Management Tool and companion Playbook, learn from a national pay equity expert and be inspired by Vermont employers who have implemented workplace pay equity practices.
Hear from Vermont employers, compensation experts, and LEEP Toolkit developers in a roundtable discussion featuring:
- Mara Neufeld Rivera, SHRM-SCP, Vice President/Head of People & Culture at Chroma Technology Corporation
- Lisa Yaeger, Chief Equity, People & Culture Officer at Vermont Foodbank
- Duane Peterson, Co-President and Founder of SunCommon
- Krysta Sadowski, Equity & Talent Strategy Consultant
- Frank Sadowski, Sadowski Consulting Services
- Moderated by Kerin Durfee, Commissioner with Vermont Commission on Women and the new Director of Burlington's Human Resources Department
Take away a deeper knowledge of gender and racial pay equity from special guest Evelyn Murphy, Ph.D. economist, founder and president of the nationwide, grassroots activist organization The WAGE Project, Inc., and author of Getting Even: Why Women Don't Get Paid Like Men and What To Do About It. Dr. Murphy was the first woman to hold a constitutional office in Massachusetts when she was elected Lt. Governor in the mid-80s, having served previously as the state's Secretary of Environmental Affairs, and as Secretary of Economic Affairs. She currently serves as co-chair of the Boston Women's Workforce Council, a public-private partnership dedicated to eliminating the gender/racial wage gap in the greater Boston area.
Register your organization and bring a team to learn about this important free new resource.